Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Friday, April 08, 2005

Wednesday Work Tournament

Each Wednesday at my work we have a NLHE tournament. The buy-in is very low ($10 except once a month it is $25). We have a website where we keep standings (money list),so most of us play for pride and not so much for the money. There are usually 14-24 players each week. We start with 10K in chips and the blinds start at 100/200 and go up every 20 minutes.


I lost about half my stack within the first two levels losing many small pots. With 9 players left, I doubled up with AA on a flop of A45.
We final tabled at 8 players and I was 4th or 5th in chips. I lost most of them on this stupid play:


7 players left and 3 spots paying, I limped in MP with JTo with blinds at 500/1000 and a stack of approx. 20K in chips. Button, SB and BB all limped. Flop was AJT rainbow. SB bet 4K, BB foldedand I raised 10K more. My thinking (first problem, me thinking) was he had a weak ace, if he had KQ he would probably slowplay. Well he went all in for 2K more and I called.He indeed did have KQ and I missed on the turn and river. Shortstacked, I pushed in with KQd and lost to AT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home