Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Friday, May 06, 2005

Cinco de Mayo Tournament Report

We had 20 players show up for the $50 Cinco de Mayo Tournament last night. (CLICK HERE for a tournament report).

Each player started at 20K in chips with 20 minutes starting at 100/200.

I was pretty card dead for the first two levels, only winning a smaller pot with 99 in early position.

During Level 3 (300/600) I found AA in MP and made it 2400 to go. The button re-raises 3000 more. It folds back to me and I push all-in praying he has KK or QQ. Unfortunately he beats me to the pot with the other AA and we chop a whopping 900 pot.

Right after the first break the blinds went up to 400/800. UTG+1 goes all-in for 9300. It folds to me in MP and I look down and see AKo. I put the player on a small pair at best (33-88) or KQ, AJ, AQ. I re-raised all-in (for a total of 18,500) to isolate the player. Everyone else folded. Other player turns over ATo. T on the flop and I lose half my stack.

On the shortstack I wasn't able to find much to play and when I would raise I wouldn't get too much action.

Was blinded down to 6700 with blinds at 500/1000 and got all in with ATo against a player with KQo. Flop was K K J, turn K K J (4), and a nice river K K J 4 (A) to double up.

Unfortunately I went completely card dead and with blinds at 1500/3000, I pushed my last 4000 in on the BB with T4h and busted in 11th place.

So my bad run continues.....when will it ever end ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home