Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Weekly Work Tournament

I played in our weekly work tournament last night. The format was a little different this time around as it was a bounty tournament. So every player had a bounty on them. We started with 15 players.

Right off the bat, I limp in with T9 and 98 and win small pots. Then a MP player raises to 800 (blinds are 100/200), in the BB I look down and find 33. I call and the flop is Tc 9c 3h. I check, he bets 800 and I raise 2000 more. He goes into the tank, and then then goes all-in. I call and he has JJ. Preflop another player accidentally exposed a J so he had one out. The turn is another 3 and I knock him out and win his bounty.

Over the next two levels, I play alot of pots and build my stack to around 30,000 (started with 10,000)

DONK HAND: During the 4th level(400/800) I limp in UTG with AJo. 1 other limper plus the SB and BB. Flop is Axx. BB bets out 2K, I stupidly call instead of raising. On the turn he bets 5K and again stupidly call instead of raising or folding and not checking to see how many chips he has left behind him. Of course he goes all in for about 9K more and I call. He shows AQ and takes down a huge pot, leaving me with only 7K.

One hand later I double up off the same guy with K5c.

Being shortstacked and the blinds up to 500/1000 I start looking for a hand to go in with. I don't find one and make the final table (8 players) with only 11,000 in chips and blinds at 800/1600.

I steal my way to about 25,000 in chips by either pushing in preflop or on the flop. Down to 5 players (3 spots paying) I am the second shortstack when this hand comes up.

With 2 limpers in the pot, I just call in the SB with AQd. I don't ever do that with this hand out of position, so I don't know what I was thinking. Luckily for me the flop is KhJhTd. I push in for 21K. BB folds and the chipleader calls. He turns over Qh7h for flush and straight draw. He bricks on the turn and river and I double up to 50+K and am now one of the chipleaders.

Very next hand the Q7 guy (former chipleader) goes all in UTG for another 20K or so. I call on the button with AA and he turns over Q6c. I win that pot and the bounty and take a big chip lead.

I knock out a guy to put everyone left in the money. Then ship over about 30K on this hand:

DONK HAND: In the SB with QT0, button has already folded. I limp (instead of raise, like I should have) BB checks. Flop is Q28 rainbow. I bet out 5K (blinds 2k/4k), BB raises another 5K. I call (see a pattern here, too much calling and not enough raising. Should have noticed his stack and pushed on the flop). Turn is a 7 and he goes all in and I call. He has 72o for two pairs. I don't improve on the river.

72o guy knocks out the other player and we go heads up with him having a 3-2 chip lead.

We play raise and take it for a good 15 minutes, to where I have him outchipped by 5K (150K total in play)

He raises on the button with blinds at 3k/6K and makes it another 6K to go. I call with 98s. Flop is 9c 6s 5c. He bets out 10K and with top pair, gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw, I checkraise all in. He calls in a snap and shows TT. I brick off on the turn and river and am left with only 5K which I promptly lose on the next hand and finish second.

Now for some hands I have questions about:

  • With blinds at 300/600 and sitting on a stack of about 25K, I limp in with 33. BB goes all-in for about 5500 more. I think and then finally fold. I think this is a clear fold but a couple of other players I asked said they may have called with my chipstack.
  • With blinds at 300/600 and sitting on a stack of about 25K, EP player pushes all-in for 6000 and I find AJo on the button. Again I think again before finally folding. Not sure what the correct play is on this hand. The raiser is a tight aggresive player so at best I am racing there I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home