Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Week in Review

Thursday

Friends of ours are getting married on October 29th, so the Big O Poker Room has a tradition of hosting a Wedding Shower Tournament. The buy-in was $50 and the bride and groom to be received free entry into the tournament. We ended up with 16 players, not too bad for a Thursday night I guess. The tournament went by pretty fast considering it was a freezeout and in the past the play was tight and slow. We have added a new rule that may have something to do with this. To prevent people rabbit hunting, the rule is the player who asks for the hunt has to post the big blind the next hand. If they are in the blinds already for that hand they have to post double. This has proven to be very successful.

Nothing too exciting to report as far as my results in this tournament. Never could get anything going for me. Ended up trying to make a move on the button (groom to be) with AJd in the BB, but he had 88 and called and his hand held up.

The groom to be ended up finishing 2nd for $200 and the bride to be finished 7th.

Saturday

I watched some of the UT/Texas Tech game. It is weird to see Texas undefeated this far into the season. It's also hard to get your hopes up as Mack Brown has never won a championship.

After taking the kiddos to the park, we came back and played dealers choice with TW, Crazy Asian and my sister. TW and my sister had never played any other games besides hold'em and stud so it ended up being a lot of fun.

Sunday

Watched football and then played in the Pokerstars Bloggers Tournament. It was a lot of fun, but I bombed out in 981st place.

Countdown to Vegas

We are almost a week away from being in Vegas (Nov. 3rd) I am very excited to get back out there. Although TW was out there a month or so ago, I haven't been out there since January.

MissT74 said she is gonna be in Vegas on Nov. 6th for the TOC tournament at Binions since she did so well in the two tourneys she played there this past week. So there is the off chance we may see/meet her.

Some of the awesome blogs I am reading...

Tao of Poker (his latest post is one of the funniest I have read in awhile)
This is not a poker blog (another Austin blogger)
Party Poker Blog (always keeps me from working)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home