Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Fun with Q9 offsuit

This past Saturday after I was knocked out of the tournament at my house, 4 of us decided to start playing a cash game while the others were still playing in the tournament.

We decided to play .25/.50 NL and each bought in for $10. I started right off in the hole for about 7 bucks, so I quickly rebought for an additional $20. After the rebuy I had the table covered, with two other close to $20.

In the BB I had Qh 9s. Everyone limps and I check my option.

Flop was Ah Kh 6h.

I check, UTG checks, Button bets $2. SB folds, I call and say " Brad, if another heart comes your in trouble." Everyone chuckles and the UTG calls as well.

The turn is 5s.

I check, UTG checks, Button bets $2 again. I call and say " Brad, if another heart comes down I am going all-in" Again everyone laughs and the UTG calls again.

The river is 7h.

I immediately move all in. The UTG player thinks a long time and finally says " I don't think you have the flush, I call".

The button now is clearly frustrated, he says " I know I have one of you beat, but OK there is too much money out there, I call as well"

I proudly turn over the Qh and the UTG shows her Ad2h (???) and the button throws his Jh into the muck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home