Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekly Home Tournament

We had our weekly home tournament on Saturday and I extended my impressive non-cash streak at my place. (I haven't cashed at my house since March 12th).

We started with just 13 players this week so we have one table of 7 players and one table of 6. While most that play at my house hate short handed play to start, I enjoy it. It lets me play alot more hands and the pots tend to be smaller.

We started with 15,000 in chips and by the end of the first break I was up to over 30,000 without having to go or call an all-in.

Halfway to the second break I had my chips over 40,000 and we were playing 6 handed at our table and the other table was down to 5 handed. It was about this time that everyone else was asking if we could collapse and final table at 11 players. I really didn't want to do this as I was playing and doing well short handed, but every other person wanted to play 11 handed.

I finally caved in and we re-drew for a final table of 11.

Shortly after we went to the final table, I lost two key big pots (one to my wife) and by the second break I was down to 26,800. Went card dead and with blinds at 3000/6000 I pushed my last 15,000 in with 33 and was called by 77 and that was it.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Blogger HappySam said...

everyone is doing this now
www.warwick.ac.uk/~poubae

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home