Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Update

Thursday

Thursday Thursday evening I went to a bachelor party at a Sullivan's. The party was held in a private room. We ate some steak and then played a NL Hold'em tournament afterwards. The steak was good, but not sure it was worth the $30+ I paid for it. (not counting the side dishes, drinks, etc.) Maybe it's just cause I am not cultured or something, but if you were to blindfold me and give me a steak from Outback and one from Sullivan's, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Even though I was knocked out pretty early in the tournament, all in all it was a fun time.


Friday

Friday we hosted the 2nd Annual Big O Halloween Costume Tournament. The basics are if you come dressed up, you get one free rebuy for the tournament. This year we had 14 out of 21 players come dressed. Also, everyone brought a special card protector, and it was used as your bounty. So when you got knocked out of the tournament, the other player got your card protector. Since alot of the women went to a Lady's Night Out party ("special" toys) an hour before the tournament, they showed up with some interesting card protectors !

I dressed up as the 2000 World Champion:
















I ended up going out on the bubble, as I could continue the hour and half long streak of nursing the small stack.

Saturday

That evening we went to our friend's wedding. It was held outdoors and was very nice. They actually met each other playing in our weekly Wednesday night poker tournament here at work. They are going to Costa Rica for 10 days, two of which will be all poker in San Jose.

Sunday

Did absolutely nothing but sit on the couch and watch football, play Age of Empires III and watch the kiddos.

Vegas Update

We fly out this Thursday at 3pm and will arrive in Vegas 4pm local time. Everyone is very excited and I am sure this will be the 3 longest days of work for me.

Misc.

One of blogs I love to read is Tao of Poker. Dr. Pauly is getting ready to host some pretty cool tournaments on Pokerstars. Even though I will be in Vegas this weekend, I am thinking of registering and posting/folding so I still have a shot at the cool prizes (along with some cash if you money). Check out the details and schedule here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home