Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Vegas: Day One

Thursday
Seven of the group of nine, went to the airport to fly out at 3pm Austin time. The other two, flew out later that night. On the plane, we had a $5 HU tourney (round-robin). Everyone else must have thought we were pretty weird, playing poker and switching seats every 15 minutes or so. Carol ended up going undefeated and started the trip off up $30.

We arrived in Vegas at 4pm local time. Our package deal through Southwest included a rental car from Alamo. Biggest mistake of my life ! It has never taken us that long to get a rental car. Long story short, we didn't get to the Plaza until 6:15pm.

We checked into the "lovely" Plaza and immediately bought into the 7pm tournament. The buyin was $48, which gave you 2,000 starting chips. There was also one rebuy for $20 and that gave you another 1,500 chips. There were 37 players and I was at the same table as my wife and Rico.

I started off strong, doubling up early with AKh when I turned a K and then rivered a flush. Got AKc next hand and JJ right after that and had around 6k in chips. Clara took a tough beat, when she flopped top set with JJ and was up against a guy who flopped a straight with 97h. By the time we were down to two tables I was still hovering around 6k and becoming a short stack.

I made it to the final table as the 2nd shortest stack. It was so bad, that I finally pushed all in blind with 1,500 chips when the blinds were 800/1600 w/200 ante. I luckily doubled up that hand and then went on a mini rush. Before you knew it, I was in the money ! I ended up going out 4th and took $195.

Later on I played a little 2/4 limit and won $62. Rico is up $500 playing Blackjack

The plan for Friday is to play some SNG at the Plaza, then drive to the Luxor and play there 1/2 NL cash game and eat the buffet there and then come back to the Plaza to play in the 7pm tournament again.
-------------------------
Poker results for the day +189 net
Poker results for the trip +189 net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home