Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Vegas: Day Three

Saturday
Around 10:30am, we made our way to the Plaza poker room and got on the lists for the daily SNGs. Jim and I sat together in the $25 winner take all single table tournament. Shortstacked with just 3 players left this hand came up...
Blinds 400/800, I am in the BB with just 800 left after posting the blind. The button is by far the chipleader (he had approx. 6,400 of the 10,000 chips in play) and goes all-in. The SB has about 2,000 chips and goes all-in as well. I call in the dark as there now is so much in the pot, I have half my chips committed to the pot already and the tournament only pays one spot. The button has 33, SB has 96o and I end up having 75o. The button turns a 3 to take us both out and win the tournament. Afterwards one of my friends says my hand was an easy fold, but because of what I mentioned earlier I think you call. Thoughts ?

Needless to say this would be an omen of things to come for me for the day as well as the rest of the trip. Black Saturday !

We stopped by the Sports Book and placed some bets on college football. One of my buddies back in Austin called and asked me to put $300 on Texas Tech (playing Texas A&M, line was only 6.5). I placed his bet then place a small 3 team parlay and a little on Texas Tech as well. I had Texas Tech, Virginia Tech and UCLA for my parlay.

After the SNGs and sports betting, we drove over to the Wynn to do some site seeing. What an awesome place ! So many pretty people, fancy decor, Ferrari dealership and a nice looking poker room. The poker room was packed and the list was long so we headed over to MGM for more site seeing. The poker area there looks nice. The marble racetrack around the poker tables is kinda weird looking though. We didn't play here either as we had to meet our friends over at the Luxor.

When we got to the Luxor some headed straight to the poker room, while a few us went and ate at the Luxor buffet (around $20). Afterwards we went to join the others in the poker room. There were at least three 1/2 NL cash games going so we were able to spread out a bit and only have 1-2 friends at each table.

The table I sat in at had two huge stacks to my immediate right (at least $400 each). Both guys had been drinking and were raising $25 preflop every few hands. One guy would scream at the top of his lungs "Captain Caveman!" and then push all-in preflop. He was nonstop chatter the whole time. I rebought twice as I took a stand with AK and lost to 77 and then had 88 and lost to AK. After an hour or so, I moved to another table and lost two buyins when I took 88 up against AK and TT against AK. After the TT hand I figured dropping $200 on coinflips was enough for me for one night and hit the rail and watched the others finish up.

We played there for almost 8 hours that night and some of my friends did very well (+300 or more in some cases). I was very disappointed to have lost that much in that game, especially with the others running so well, but felt I still played well and never went on tilt. We also kept an eye on the football games we had bet on as well. Texas Tech easily covered after an early scare, but my parlay was killed by UCLA and Virginia Tech who got smoked.

We headed back downtown and I played some Roulette for the first time in my life and won about $40. Headed to bed I couldn't believe how quickly I had begun to run so poorly. I told myself tomorrow would be another day and quickly went to sleep.

Poker results for the day -225 net
Poker results for the trip +136 net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home