Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Vegas: Day Five

Monday
This was our last day in Vegas. We checked out of the Plaza (hopefully for the last time ever) and headed back to the Luxor. Everyone headed to the 1/2NL cash game except me and the Crazy Asian (CA).

We put our names on the 4/8 list and sat at the 2/4 table. There wasn't enough interest yet for the 4/8 game so we played 2/4 for about an hour and a half. No real notable happenings here. I saw a few flops and missed. I bought in for a rack and was down about $30, when I called 2 bets from the CA with JTo. Flop was Jxx rainbow. CA bet, I raised and he called. Turn x, he checked, I bet, he called. River T, he checks, I bet, he calls and shows AJ.

Shortly after this they finally had enough interest to start the 4/8 game. I sat in with 200 next to the CA. The table was pretty solid with the exception of two players. They saw and/or raised every flop. One of the guys said he had a plane to catch in an hour. The other guy (OG) had played in the same game a day earlier and blew through 200 in less than an hour. Today would be no exception.

Early on, CA raises, I make it 3 bets with AA and OG calls and CA caps it. We both call. Flop is Qxx rainbow. CA checks, I bet and both call. Same on the turn and river. I show my AA, OG flips over 99 and the CA flashes KK. Wow, AA actually held up and I am off to a nice start. The very next hand CA raises again preflop and is called by 2 people. Flop is K high and CA gets action from only one other player. There are some raises on the flop and turn and with a Q on the river it goes 3 bets. CA turns over AA while the other guy has KQ for a rivered two pair. CA took a walk after that hand and eventually finished out the day playing the 1/2NL game.

Up about 80 I should have just left the day up for a change, but I stayed in and then this hand comes up:

In the BB with K5o I check my option (4 players see a flop) Flop is K 5 9. I bet, middle pos. guy calls and SB check-raises. I call as does the other guy. Turn is a K. SB bets, I raise, other guy folds. SB caps, I call. River is T ( K 5 9 K T). Once again it goes capped again and he turns over KT. Ouch, I played the hand poorly I think, because there is not much I beat on the river. I could have saved some bets on this hand I think, but was too impulsive.

This put a serious dent in my stack. I also lost another pot when I held KK against another guys AA. I was down to about $60 and then went on a nice little run and brought it back to $159 when we had to quit to head to the airport. Even though I had a losing session, I felt good in that I didn't tilt at all and over all played OK.

Poker results for the day -41 net
Poker results for the trip -213 net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home