Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Post Lite

I haven't been playing too much online this week so far. At the beginning of the week I continued my bad run by losing two more SNGs. I decided to change things up a little and play a 4-person Heads UP SNG, winner take all.

Both matches were very long (200 total hands played) and in the end I was lucky enough to win.

I have only played one other time online and that was a single table SNG. Down to 4 players, blinds were 100/200, I had 3,710 in chips and UTG had 2,570: JJ in the BB. There was one limper UTG, SB called and I raised to 1,000. UTG calls and SB folds.

The flop is 9c Kd Qc. What would you do now with JJ ?

I won't post anyting more about the hand for now, except to say I lost and was knocked down to about 1,200 chips. I stayed aggresive though and in the end I was able to pull out the win.

-------------------------

Misc.

The first bounty tournament of the year at the Big O Poker Room is this Saturday.

Mrs. Mookie continues to run well...she took 3rd in a 45 person tourney on Pokerstars.

Scotty Nguyen won his 1st WPT title this week.

Topless poker in Vegas.

Sunday SNGs at Aladdin Poker Room in Vegas are now internet style.

Congrats to Chris at 21Outs for winning the WSOP Circuit Limit 3 Draw Low-ball event.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger Alan said...

JJ is now third pair. It is a good bet that UTG has a K or Q. I would either make a probe bet of 1/3 to 1/2 the pot or check. If the probe bet doesn't take the hand then I would let it go unless a T comes up on the turn or river. Even with the K high straight I would be careful about the A high straight and try to keep the bets small.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home