Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Slow week

This has been a slow week for blogging as I have been pretty busy with work stuff. I hadn't played any online poker until last night and even then I only played 1 SNG.

Early on, I played loose (donkey) and picked up a couple of larger pots. Here is an example of my donkey-like play:

Blinds 10/20, I limp in MP with Kh5h, player next to me limps, and the button raises to 60. The BB calls, I call and the player next to me calls.

The flop was 8h 9s Qh. We all checked to the button who bet 75. The BB called, I called and the other player folded.

Now the turn is (8h 9s Qh) 6s. The BB goes all in for 295. Now this is where my true inner donkey takes over. I am getting about 2.5 to 1 on my money, but I don't know the BB is going to do. At this point I think I have about 12 outs, but 3 of those may be dead outs to a higher straight. The play here is to probably fold or jam (or not be a donkey and limp in with K5). So I of course just call. The button just calls as well.

The river is (8h 9s Qh 6s) 2h. I lead out with a bet of 400 and the button calls. Button had KsQs and the BB had Jd8c. With that pot, I was 2nd in chips.

I stayed in 2nd until we got down to 5 players. I lost over half my stack trying to run JJ past AQ with 2 Qs on board and having the ass-end of a straight against the higher straight. With the blinds going up, I switched gears and became more aggresive and chipped back up.

Made it into the money and continued to play aggresive. I knock out the 3rd place finisher and take a slight chiplead heads up. We play a couple hands before I outflop his TT with KQ and win.

This makes my 3rd SNG win in a row. I should probably play more SNG instead of cash as I haven't done too well in the cash games lately and that's where I have been spending most of my time.

-------------------------

Here are few new(to me) blogs I have been reading:

Pokerstars.com Official Blog

Sound of a Suckout

Poker with WillWonka

-------------------------

No poker at the Big O Poker Room but we may go over to the 2006 Winter Series of Poker Event 1 at Jim and Stacey's if we can find a babysitter.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered changing your name from Mookie99 to Eeyore? :)

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger mookie99 said...

Test

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home