Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to work

Tuesday was my first "real" day back to work from the holidays. I worked most of last week, but there was hardly anyone here at the office so it was pretty laid back.

During the day I heard that my friend and his wife who are out in Vegas (same friend who ran a scooter into the back of the bus on the first day of his honeymoon back in November) for a week, played in the Aladdin tournament (around 85 players) and they both chopped 1st-3rd place money with one other guy. They both took around $1000/each from the chop. They are going to the Rose Bowl tonight and then may stay for an extra day to visit Commerice or the Bike before heading back to Vegas. They won't be back until late Saturday night so they will miss the 1st Annual Big O Tournament of Champions Freeroll

At my home game, we have a money list and points list. At the end of the year if you are on either or both of those lists you qualify for the tournament. You get free chips for each list you are on, the higher up the list you are, the more chips you get. Players can also pay $1 for 1,000 chips to get them up to 40K in chips. The tournament should be alot of fun, the blinds will be 30 minutes long plus everyone will probably have 40K in chips. So there should be some good poker played. I was able to get the following prizes donated:

Pokerstars came through HUGE and donated a poker chip set personalized with the Pokerstars logo on each chip.

Full Tilt donated 2 hats and a t-shirt

Cardplayer donated 3 - three month subscriptions, plus sent 80 January 2006 issues

We also went and had a bracelet made up for the event. So whoever is skilled and lucky enough to win the tournament, will walk away with this:



I got this idea from a fellow blogger when he hosted a big tournament.

Haven't played a whole lot of poker lately...went online last night and played on Empire. I have already cleared the free PokerOffice, but when I went to cash out I found that the minimum cashout is $50. Well I only put in $50 so that I could get PokerOffice and took a beating in the .50/$1 limit game. (this was before I found they spread micro-limits under their Beginner section) so now I am stuck playing out the crumbs that are left from my original deposit.

I played a SNG and they have a horrible structure, only 800 starting chips. Was knocked out early when I couldn't win with QQ and TT (I will do my best to avoid posting bad beat hands on here). Went to the $5 NL table and ended the night up a whopping $5.
--------------------------
Online results today: +5
Live results today: $0
Online results YTD: -$25
Live results YTD: $0
Total results:
- $25 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Blogger Slayre said...

What kind of home game to ya run..?

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger mookie99 said...

We play mostly tournaments. Typically low buy-in rebuy/add-on tournaments ($10-$20). We usually run between 14-20 players. We play a couple times a month and occasionally run some cash games after the tourney starts to wind down.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger CiscoServerGeek said...

haha .... love that bling ! People so love the bracelets, don't they ? ;-)

Might make one of your games soon. My season is kicking back up again this month, or next. I was supposed to be in Vegas this month, but stoopid IBM canceled our event, so no free ride.

So might start our Solera Shark's tourney season this month.

- Scott

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home