Cause Everyone Else is Doing It...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hook 'em Horns !



Wow, what a game ! This has to be the most exciting game I have seen. I thought last year's Rose Bowl wouldn't be topped anytime soon, but last night was amazing. It's easy to say this now, but even if the Horns would have lost, it still would have been the best title game ever.

I haven't talked to my friend who was at the game yet, but I am looking forward to hearing about it from his perspective of being able to witness it live.

I guess the only *bad* thing about last night's game, is that Vince played so well, I don't think he is coming back next year.

-------------------------

I did play a little of poker on Empire again. I played the $5NL cash table again, doubled my buy-in and then donked most of it all off. I blame the Texas game, I tried to play at the beginning of the game and then realized I should quit. But not before I played in another of their crappy SNGs. Finished 3rd to break even before I turned off my laptop and focused my full attention on the game.

-------------------------

I have decided to start working out again, so Tuesday was my first day back in the gym in probably at least 6 months. I figure if I keep up with my workout schedule on here, it will keep me motivated to continue. My goal is to put on 15lbs within the next 3 months. Yes, put on weight...I have been "scrawny" my whole life. When I graduated high school I was 6' 125lbs. A couple years after that I was married and still 125lbs. When I go back and look at pictures of myself then, I bet I could post them on here now and you would donate "just 25 cents a day, to make sure I was fed a healthy meal". That's how scrawny I looked.

A few years after I was married, I started going to the gym and reading up on eating to gain weight, etc. and in a year I went from 125lbs to 167lbs. I stayed at that weight for about a year and then slowly quit working out. So today, I weigh about 150lbs and am way out of shape.

So anyway, the goal is to get into a regular workout routine and stick to it. I have no excuses if I slide as we have a gym within our building here at work. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM , Blogger WillWonka said...

Yes, quite the game... It took a while to get to sleep..

btw, there are lots of Austin bloggers (not me although originally from Texas).. search around and you will find them..

thisisnotapokerblog.com I believe has a list

Hook'Em

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home